Mitzvah Corps is committed to creating experiences that are as accessible as possible, and to working with our families and partners to make them a reality. We strongly encourage each participant to seek as many sources of support as possible, and to reach out to our office with any questions. If for any reason, adequate financial assistance cannot be obtained by March 1st, your $500 deposit will be fully refunded.
Please review the below information regarding financial incentives, scholarships from Mitzvah Corps, and additional sources of support.
All scholarship checks should be sent to our Billing Office:
P.O. Box 523
New York, NY 10012
Phone: (201) 419-6553
Early Bird Pricing
Early bird has ended.
Refundable Deposits Fully refundable deposits until March 1st!
Returning Participants An automatic $100 discount will be applied to your account after you register and pay your deposit. This will be applied to your account after you register and pay a deposit.
Multiple Mitzvah Corps Programs Register for multiple programs in the same summer to receive a $100 discount per additional program. This will be applied to your account after you register and pay a deposit for both programs.
First Time Summer Program Participants If you have never been to overnight Jewish summer camp, or a similar immersive Jewish summer program, you may be eligible for a One Happy Camper grant of up to $1,000. Eligibility requirements vary by community. Visit the Foundation for Jewish Camp's One Happy Camper website to learn more, and/or contact your local Jewish Federation directly for more information.
Mitzvah Corps is pleased to be able to offer limited financial aid to our participants each summer, as well as matching scholarships with other institutions.
Once our office has confirmed processing of your deposit, you will receive access to the Mitzvah Corps scholarship application, as well as detailed instructions on how to prepare and submit it, through your online account.
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is April 1.
First Time Summer Participants
If you have never been to overnight Jewish summer camp, or a similar immersive Jewish summer program, you may be eligible for a One Happy Camper grant of up to $1,000. Eligibility requirements vary by community. Visit the Foundation for Jewish Camp's One Happy Camper website to learn more, and/or contact your local Jewish Federation directly for more information.
For Teens from Metrowest New Jersey
The Partnership for Jewish Learning and Life is offering a brand new Destination: Jewish Service Learning grants, and all Mitzvah Corps programs are eligible! Visit www.jteenmw.org to apply to receive a grant up to $800!
Other Potential Sources
Participants are typically able to identify financial aid opportunities through the following:
- Local synagogue, with both the rabbi's discretionary fund and youth fund.
- Local Jewish community federation or Bureau of Jewish Education. Virtually every Federation has an Israel Programs Coordinator and Scholarship Fund.
- Some NFTY regions have separate scholarship funds. Contact your Regional Staff Member.
- Schools, clubs, or local programs with a focus on community service or volunteerism.
- Work study program at your congregation - teaching religious school or tutoring in exchange for financial aid.
- Asking family members for Hanukkah or birthday gifts of donations to your Mitzvah Corps experience.
- Begin a gofundme.com page to spread the word about the incredible work you're doing.
- URJ camp alumni can apply to their Camp Director for financial assistance.
For Teens Attending Mitzvah Corps Israel
We recommend pursuing the following Israel travel grant opportunities:
- Through the Jewish National Fund's Plant Your Way to Israel program you can raise money by asking friends and family to plant trees. You can personalize your PYW webpage with photos and information about your trip, forward a link to family and friends so they can donate online, and watch your fundraising thermometer grow as you reach your goal.
- Most local Jewish Federation offices offer financial aid for teen Israel travel. Take a look at some of the options below, and find your Federation here!
- The Jewish Community Foundation in Northern California has funding available for participants from Sonoma and Marin counties, San Francisco, and the Peninsula from Mountain View north.
- The Jewish Federation of the East Bay in Northern California has significant funds available for participants from Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, or Solano counties.
- The Boston Combined Jewish Philanthropies Israel Teen Travel Grant program offers grants of $400, and additional need-based scholarship for teens from the greater Boston area.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington's Israel Quest program provides funding for participants from the greater Washington, DC area.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Metrowest New Jersey's Passport to Israel provides scholarships of up to $1,000 for teen Israel travel.
- The Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey offers up to $1,000 in Israel scholarships to participants from Middlesex and Monmouth counties.
- The Jewish United Fund of Chicago offers need-based scholarships for Israel travel for teens coming from the Chicago Metropolitan area.
- The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati's Israel Travel Grants offer grants of up to $6,500 for teens from the Cincinnati area.
- The Minneapolis Jewish Federation offers a variety of Israel travel scholarships for teens and young adults.
- The Jewish Education Center of Greater Cleveland offers both need-based financial assistance as well as a matching Saving for Israel program.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Houston offers Israel Travel Scholarships for organized summer trips.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas offers need-based Israel travel scholarships.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles offers grants of up to $500 through their POST Partnership Grant for participants traveling to Israel for the first time on a group trip.
- The Jewish Federation of San Diego's My Israel Journey - Teen Subsidy Program offers up to $1,750 for teens from San Diego County.